Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cooking class number 2

Last night we had a bit of a big night!  We were sitting on the balcony, minding our own business, typing up our blogs, but as everyone returned home for the evening a bit of a congregation started happening.  Some new "friends" arrived from Canada, and by the end of the night, oh somewhere in the vicinity of 1 a.m. in the morning, new friendships were truly cemented! A little bit of jealousy reared it's head this morning at breakfast, it seems our new Canadian friends came in a group of 8, and the ones that were not invited to socialize with us on the balcony last night didn't appreciate the noise their friends were making with "those girls".  We just hid behind our sunglasses, and pretended not to know what they were talking about!

After breakfast we head up to Montepertuso again.  Today for a cooking class with Salvatore and Marilu.  What fun we had in the kitchen today! The menu today consisted of: Home made mozzarella cheese,































which we later turned into an appetizer of fried mozzarella on a lemon leaf.



Next was Lemon Risotto,





























Followed by veal scaloppine with roasted Parmesan potatoes.























Dessert was a Torta Caprese a la Limone.


























Scott loves to get involved in the desert making - you should see the look on his face as he cleans up - ie licks the spoons!






















Once again after our class, we all got to sit down and eat what we had made over a glass or two of wine!  I tell you this life is hard to take!



After Lunch it was time to return home.



There are cats everywhere in Italy!!!!



















                                                        Scott, Marti, Lauren, and Barb



Don't ask me how, but our transport was not big enough to bring our group back home.  Barb was trying to talk me into walking again, but I didn't have the right shoes, and it was hot, so I opted for the car - she however, decided to hoof it again!


We meet up again a little later and start sorting through my spoils.  How am I going to get it all home?  We pack a box, but then look up the costs of shipping it home - boy oh boy - way too expensive!  We devise a way to pack it so that we can bring it home on the plane with us.  That sorted out, we decide to go and prop up the local Italian economy once again! Yep, you got it - more shopping!!  Only little stuff though (well kinda, all except for that jacket I got!) We return home with all our bags in our hands, only to be greeted by our new Canadian friends.  They introduce us to their other friends (the ones who complained) and it appears that all is forgiven!  The conversation turns again to the Marcello balcony.  They ask me if  I would go up to my balcony, and wave down to them - just like in the movie - oh - and can I wear a towel wrapped around me to make it look more authentic?)  Oh, ok, if you want!  I open the balcony door - look down,  and get ready to wave.  All the hotel staff are out watching too!  It appears I am quite the celebrity!  Perhaps I should have charged for this photo shoot!!!

 Barb and I make the promise to each other, that tonight we are going to get to bed before midnight!  Let's see if that happens!

PS. You will be happy to know we had an early night! Well, was safely tucked up in bed anyway, me I was trying to stay up to skype home, but..... The Skype gods were not cooperative!  See what you get for being good!

Another perfect Positano sunset!  Only a few more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment